Retirement Income Planning
As you approach retirement, you may find yourself asking:
- "When do I want to retire?"
- "Will I have enough money to maintain my current lifestyle?"
- "How much money is enough?"
- "How do I manage my portfolio so that it will provide a lifetime of income?"
- "What about rising health care costs, inflation and longer life expectancy?"
Contemplating these factors can be quite daunting.
Distribution planning is one of the most overlooked aspects of wealth management. Generating income for the remainder of your life is not an easy task. It requires skill and foresight.
We employ a three-part portfolio strategy designed to withstand turbulent market shifts and hedge inflation.
- The first step is to assess your sources of income and cash flow needs.
- We next take into account anticipated life events and goals and incorporate projected investment growth, retirement income needs and inflation.
- Finally, determining which assets to liquidate and when to do so requires careful analysis of projected returns, income streams and taxable consequences. We pay careful attention to current tax law and estate planning issues.
Distribution is both an art and a science, and it requires a wealth manager. We believe that with conscientious planning and discipline, your retirement years can be the best years of your life.